The Cloud is just one of the options open to you. Find out if The Cloud can deliver what you need and if it's the right solution for your your practice.
Cloud readiness is very much dependant on a number of key factors not least of which is timing.
The best time to look at The Cloud is if you are starting a new law firm and have a clean sheet to work with. However, it is equally as relevant if you are looking to modernise or replace ageing equipment. If you are already facing a considerable bill for upgrading your existing office based IT infrastructure, then The Cloud could offer you a compelling alternative.
If you have recently invested in a new on premise system then the time may not be quite right for you just now, perhaps until you have realised your investment. However, Cloud brings many different benefits that could be worth considering alongside your on premise solution and The Cloud’s ability to provide you with data backup and a disaster recovery alternative is just one of many complementary provisions that are worth exploring.
Clearly, you need good reliable broadband along with the support of a trustworthy IT supplier to make it work well but the benefits are clear as outlined in our “Why Go Cloud?” section.
If you can answer yes to at least 10 of the following 20 questions then you are well on the way to being ready.
Answer yes to at least 15 of these questions then we suggest that you could be ready.
- Is your server nearing end of life or overdue for replacement?
- Are you currently paying a high cost for server maintenance that you can save by going Cloud?
- Do you currently face an expensive bill to replace your server?
- Is your local application software out of date and possibly even no longer supported?
- Are you using an outdated version of Microsoft Office?
- Are you fearful when you are confronted with an IT issue?
- Do you feel your internal IT systems are too complicated?
- Do you have a good, fast and reliable broadband package?
- Have you researched Cloud and are mindful that it could be that way forward?
- Are you happy that a Cloud provider can offer you a compliant solution?
- Is your IT maintenance company willing to support your Cloud move?
- If not, and you are you willing to consider changing your IT support partner?
- Are your email mailboxes filling and becoming restrictive in size?
- Are you worried that your backups aren’t being done properly?
- Is your lack of a tested disaster recovery plan of concern to you?
- Are you still managing your own email mailboxes on your local server?
- Would you like shared diaries but don’t have the capability in your system?
- Do you want to improve your branch office communications for sharing data?
- Do you want to introduce more flexible working and mobility for your staff?
- Is your existing Practice Management Software clunky and restrictive?
There is further reading on Cloud Security Considerations, which you can find using the link below.
Our clients range from small start-up legal practices to multi-partner, multi-site firms.
As the first commercial user of LawWare back in 1998, we have had no hesitation in remaining with the product through its development. We thoroughly recommend it to any firm looking for a practice management system.
The helpdesk is exceptionally good. Whatever the query there is always a human being there to help. No leaving messages or being advised to go to a website. The best computer service for solicitors I have ever used!
The linking of documents and casefiles saves so much time! I have experience of several accounts packages and I like that LawWare is simple to use and easy to learn. Support is quick and effective and staff are helpful and courteous.
I have worked with a number of Case Management providers over the years but have not come across anything with the attention to detail and thoroughness of LawWare. My colleagues and I have not been disappointed.
I can’t imagine trying to be a law firm in the 21st Century without 21st Century IT systems. Having a ‘single system’ that underpins all the work, whether we are in the office or out, is an integral part of what we are building.
The level of support is the main benefit using this system. The system itself once you have had training is simple and easy to use. We have a great relationship with LawWare and the ongoing support is second to none.
Significant preparation was required to configure and import the data from our old firm. We had to get all clients onto the new system and then learn how to use it. We just find it very easy to use, much easier than our old system.
It’s a big help that you can speak to the boss directly. The support team takes a lot of the technological stress away and, as LawWare continues to build relationships and integrations with other suppliers, it makes our life much easier.
Being a busy litigator with a growing firm it is incredibly useful to be able to view my files from any location with some form of internet connection. I am a fan, and want to keep working with LawWare to make a good product great.
The LawWare team bend over backwards to help and I have no hesitation in recommending LawCloud to start-up law firms.
It was the right product at the right time for me.
The switch to the new LawCloud system, which is still on-going, has gone very well. We found the LawWare team without exception to be very helpful and knowledgeable. All queries are followed up and dealt with promptly.