Striving to Prosper – A real success story
LawWare Case Study: Sneddon Morrison.
LawWare recently conducted a System Review meeting with Sneddon Morrison Solicitors and Estate Agents based in Whitburn, West Lothian. The firm consists of 5 branches, 7 Partners and 24 staff. It covers a mix of work types including property and family law for many private & local company clients.
They installed LawWare in 2007; after evaluating a number of Scottish software suppliers.
Eric Lumsden, a Partner at the firm takes up the story:
Sneddon Morrison has been able to achieve a number of clear business benefits
and they are happy to share them LawWare clients and prospective clients:
- They estimate that the degree of efficiency that they have yielded in dealing with case work is about 20%. Consequently, they have been able to not replace 3 support staff that left or retired over the last 12 months; saving 3 salaries.
- They estimate that due to the automatic Time Recording Activities on all Company Client work and Private Client work in the areas of Family Law and Trust & Executry work – that they have increased Fee Revenue by 15% per annum. A substantial increase in turnover.
- In the last 6 months they have been analysing the firm’s costs using the management reports section. They have saved £3,800 in annual consumables. Also identifying another £13,000 of annual costs which they believe can be substantially trimmed over the next 6 months.
In summary: they are firmly of the view that in the 18 months since they purchased LawWare Enterprise, the system has already paid for itself. All the Partners agree that is has been a thoroughly worthwhile investment.
The ultimate question was asked. Would you go back to working the previous way with Windows folders and separate systems holding bits of information?
“No way! Absolutely no way! We have been able to achieve real, tangible benefits –
- For the firm: better supervision, standardisation of working practices across branches, more chargeable fees, better risk management.
- For staff: work is more efficiently done. It’s easier to create letters and documents. All staff now have access to the ledgers.
- For clients: there is no doubt that the turnaround time for work has improved.”
The Partner responsible for IT at Sneddon Morrison is Eric Lumsden. You can contact him on 01501 740345 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out more about Sneddon Morrison at www.sneddonmorrison.com