Your journey with LawWare
There are no short-cuts when it comes to getting the right practice management system for your firm. Throughout your journey with us, we promise to provide the best advice and the most effective solution.
At LawWare, we are committed to building a long-term relationship with you. Take a look at each of the stages below to see how your journey with us will be managed.
1. Assessing Your Needs
One size does not fit all…
Looking for legal practice management software can be a daunting process. It needn’t be.
At LawWare, we have a wealth of experience working exclusively within the legal industry and our team is sensitive to the fact that every business has its own unique characteristics.
Assessing your needs is the starting point. As experts in the field, we understand the needs of small to medium-sized law firms. We are highly skilled in translating your needs into solutions. Solutions that really help build stronger businesses. The starting point on your journey with us is getting to know you better. Our consultative approach starts with a listening ear from one of our experienced Product Consultants who will:
- Discuss your business needs, understand your culture and recognise where you are going as a business.
- Gain a better understanding of your current systems and what changing to a new one will mean for you.
- Work together with you outlining a proposal that will get the job done and meet your budgetary expectations.
- Show you the software and talk you through the kind of benefits it can provide to you and your team.
- Talk you through the process. Agree the likely timescales and develop a way forward where we can work together to achieve an agreed outcome.
Assessing your needs is just the beginning of our comprehensive process.
We understand that your practice management system is one of the key pillars of your business. The system will help you get your work done efficiently and manage your practice effectively. At the same time, it keeps you within Law Society and SRA regulations.
With hundreds of clients spanning the length and breadth of the UK, LawWare can help you and your firm make the change with the help of our expert team and solid, down to earth advice.
With your needs assessment completed, it is time to move on to Planning your project.
2. Planning Your Project
Effective practice management systems don’t just appear out of the blue…
There are no quick fixes when it comes to planning your project and delivering a new system. It has to meet your ongoing requirements and grow with you as your law firm expands or changes direction.
At LawWare, we will work closely with you to develop and plan a project that will ensure the most effective delivery of the software. Our aim is to introduce the software seamlessly and with minimal disruption to you business.
Our team has a wealth of expertise, helping many law firms over the years to implement highly effective practice management solutions.
From new starts to more sophisticated projects requiring in depth data conversions, we will develop and agree the right plan for you. Whether it’s a new implementation or a transition from an older system, we will provide you with:
- A clear and itemised implementation plan.
- Key project milestones.
- Agreed delivery dates.
- Regular feedback on the progress of the work.
Throughout the whole process we promise to keep you fully informed and to manage your expectations.
The project planning phase will produce a blueprint that will be used in the next phase.
3. Managing Your Set Up
The cornerstone of managing your set-up effectively is good project management.
When managing your set-up, whether you are starting from scratch or moving from a legacy system to LawWare, all implementations present a different set of challenges.
The cornerstones of successful set ups are clear lines of responsibility and communication and a well thought out plan. We will assign a dedicated Implementation Manager to ensure your set-up runs as smoothly as possible and with minimum disruption. He or she will head the project and manage the process from start to finish in tandem with you.
Your Implementation Manager will:
- Contact you to make initial arrangements and set timings.
- Manage the entire process and act as your main point of contact throughout.
- Provide you with a detailed implementation plan specifying time-frames and activities.
- Work with you and your team to bring together all required resources.
- Adjust the plan to accommodate any alterations or additions.
- Keep you informed of implementation progress regularly.
- Only sign off on the implementation when you are fully satisfied with it.
Should your set-up involve the migration of data from your previous system, your dedicated Implementation Manager will oversee this process.
4. Migrating your data
Your data is the lifeblood of your law firm. It can be a major concern when moving to a new system.
There is a whole range of regulatory and procedural niceties and essentials to be observed when it comes to migrating your data securely from one system to another.
At LawWare, we have a team of in-house specialists for this demanding job. All have many years of experience in converting data from a wide variety of legal practice management systems. They will take care of this sensitive aspect of your implementation plan.
When migrating your data we promise:
- Your dedicated Implementation Manager will oversee the conversion process
- We will assign one of our experienced data transfer specialists to perform the migration.
- you will receive an initial assessment of the complexity and time-frame for the job.
- We will provide a fixed price for the job.
- We will perform a test data transfer well in advance of your go live date.
- You and your team will have time to inspect the test data and once you are happy, sign off the trial as a success.
Only then will we move onto the live conversion at the target go live date. We will manage migrating your data in tandem with your system set-up and it will be ready for you to use when your new system goes live. We are happy to tackle multiple system conversions where your business may be merging with another practice.
Although this aspect of the set-up process is one of the most complex, we are very experienced and aim to ensure a smooth migration from your legacy system. Once we have completed migrating your data, it’s time to go live.
5. Going Live
The moment of truth has arrived…
Going live is the key milestone in your project and the pinnacle of all your hard work and preparation.
Things are going well and according to plan:
- Everyone has been informed in time for the changeover.
- The trial data was converted successfully and the live data conversion is complete.
- The training plan is in place.
- Your staff are geared up and ready for training on the new system in time for “going live“.
The eagerly anticipated day is here and it’s time to flick the switch on your legacy system (or ask it to take a back seat after lengthy service) and for the new system to come into play.
One of LawWare’s strongest assets is its expertise in handholding. We will look after both you and your team throughout the process of going live with the new system and help you make the most of its features from day one.
At LawWare, we recognise that there’s a lot to learn and that this really is a step by step process. We understand that different people adapt to new things in different ways.
Our experienced trainers will work at a pace to suit you and your team. They will ensure you have all the support you need to make the transition as smooth as possible.
6. Delivering Your Training
Even the best engineered systems are only as good as the people who operate them.
Delivering your training is a key component of your relationship with us. There is little point in deploying a new system unless its users feel comfortable and proficient using it. This is why training and support are integral to our unequivocal client care approach.
LawWare does not provide out of the box solutions leaving end users abandoned to fathom out the software for themselves. Nor do we subcontract training out to expensive third party suppliers.
Our own specialist team carry out all our training. We pride ourselves on the quality of our training. That means we ensure that your team will be proficient in all aspects of the software appropriate to their needs.
Delivering your training includes:
- An initial training plan to run concurrently with the set-up of your system.
- Comprehensive, in-depth training in all aspects of the software for your key personnel.
- Detailed training in the specifics of the program, tailored to meet the needs of all – from accounts staff and fee earners to senior partners.
- Further training for new team members as required.
- Ongoing training on an agreed basis for those who wish to get the most out of the reporting and client relationship management aspects of the system.
- We deliver your training according to your preference. Carried out in house, on site or remotely for those who prefer an online interactive style.
It doesn’t stop there as far as delivering your training is concerned. We realise that our clients will occasionally need additional assistance on a day to day basis as part of their journey with LawWare – that’s where our support systems kick in.
7. Supporting You
Everyone has days when nothing goes to plan…
Even with the best systems and the best training there will be times when you need a little extra assistance. Supporting you is one of our top priorities. Whether it’s advice on how to access system features or support with connection problems, our Helpdesk team is available to guide you.
The team has extensive experience delivering timely guidance to staff, be they partners, fee earners, legal cashiers or practice managers. As part of our support service we will ensure:
- We answer Your support request and deal with immediately if possible
- For more complex issues you will be provided with an estimated time and date for resolution of the problem.
- We log your support request in our tracking system and monitor its progress until its successful conclusion.
- We respond to all your suppport enquiries in accordance with our strict service levels and monitor them for quality of response.
- Support requests are monitored to both identify when it is appropriate to offer additional training to your team and to allow us to continuously improve our service delivery.
Our Helpdesk team and systems are tried and tested. They are there to quickly and efficiently resolve problems with a minimum of fuss. This is only a part of our ongoing commitment to you and we back this up with regular direct contact.
LawWare – supporting you.
8. Looking After You
We like to keep an eye on things for you…
Looking after you is our number 1 priority. We know you strive to deliver high quality service to your clients – we aim to do the same for you. Our business relationship with you is something we value highly. Consequently, we wouldn’t wish to jeopardise it through lack of communication.
Once you have settled in with your new system, we will continue looking after you. We will keep track of your progress and be there as you grow with the software . To ensure you get the most out of it, we will:
- Ensure you are satisfied with your LawWare system and our support.
- Check up on your training and advanced training needs periodically.
- Provide any consultancy and additional support services you require.
- Check if you require any modifications or specialist development to your system and its workflows as a result of changing circumstances.
- Advise you of forthcoming improvements, modifications and extensions to the capability of the software.
- Seek your feedback on improvements and new additions you wish to see to help us develop the software for the future.
Following implementation, we will keep you involved in our future development plans and innovation processes and encourage you to work with us to ensure that LawWare remains at the forefront of legal technology.
Lawware – looking after you from day one.
9. Keeping You Involved
For practices in the modern technological age, change is the only constant.
We aim to be ready to adapt, change and evolve to meet the demands of the legal profession. Keeping you involved is part of that process.
To help us do this, we invite you, as the key drivers of this change, to work closely with us as part of your journey in developing new systems, solutions, products and services. You are the future of our business and we ask that you:
- Provide us with honest feedback on your experience with and performance of the software
- Suggest changes, enhancements, developments and integrations that you would like to see
- Give us your views on the future direction of the system
- Participate in our user group sessions
- Consider test-driving new versions of the software and participating in trials and upgrades.
We regard ourselves as an integral part of your practice operations and we are always ready to adapt and change to meet the demands of both technology and the legal profession. We are keen to work in partnership with you to develop new solutions and working methods that will drive efficiency and profitability.
Lawware – keeping you involved and helping you to grow your business.